21 Sep

SIMPLE HOSPITALITY / HOSPITALIDAD SENCILLA / REV. WILSON CUEVAS, PASTOR

A COMMUNITY
A community says a lot when it is Jesus’s community.

When it speaks about Jesus and allows itself to be inspired by His teachings and examples:

“I came to serve and not to be served.” When Jesus is announced and we do not spend our time only speaking about ourselves. When we glorify ourselves with Jesus and not with our own merits and qualities. When you gather around Jesus and not around yourself. When you lean on and rely on Jesus and not on your own strengths.

To be nourished by Jesus and not by seeking nourishment from yourself. A community is not weaken by its faults, rather by the absence
of faith. It is not broken by the tensions rather by forgetting about Jesus. It does not remain small for the lack of values, rather because Jesus within them is small. It does not drown because of the lack of fresh air, rather by affixation of Jesus. A community is strong, when Jesus within it is strong. A community weighs when Jesus, within it, also has weight. A community marches united when Jesus is among them, when we are united in Jesus. A community expands when itextends Jesus. A community lives when it lives from Jesus. A community convinces and fulfils when it is a community of Jesus.

We are ONE WEEK FROM CELEBRATING OUR BAZAAR, and we NEED MORE HELP FROM THE COMMUNITY. In what?

1. Whoever received Raffle
Tickets, should sell them and turn in the money in the
rectory or on Sunday at the Raffle Table. Thank you for
your valuable help.

2. Helping with your Time, Talents,
and Treasures. Help us by working in some of the
booths. Very few people have volunteered. Approximately
7% have volunteered, where are the other 93%?
Where are you?

3. Help to get donations from family,
friends, and businesses: ground beef, tortillas, lettuce,
tomatoes, cheese, and cooking oil. Prizes for the games
and the Loteria.

4. Helping with publicity: take a picture
of the flyer of the bazaar on both sides and post it
on Facebook and ask your contacts to forward it and
invite them to our bazaar. Utilize these means for a
good cause.

5. Pray for unity and fraternity of all the
servants of our Bazaar. Remember that united in Christ
we will accomplish great things for His honor and
glory. Be united! God is counting on you and on me.

Come and attend.
Blessings!
Rev. Wilson Cuevas, Pastor

 

UNA COMUNIDAD
Una comunidad dice mucho cuando es de Jesús.

Cuando habla de Jesús y se deja inspirar por sus enseñanzas y ejemplos: “He venido a Servir y no a ser servido…”. Cuando anuncia a Jesús y no pasamos el tiempo hablando de nosotros mismos.

Cuando nos gloriamos de Jesús y no en nuestros méritos y cualidades. Cuando se reúne entorno a Jesús y no entorno a si misma. Cuando se apoya en Jesús y no en sus propias fuerzas. Cuando vive de Jesús y no de sí misma.

Una comunidad no se tambalea por los fallos sino por su falta de fe. No se debilita por sus pecados, sino por la ausencia de Jesús. No se rompe por las tensiones sino por el olvido de Jesús. No se queda pequeña por carencia de valores, sino porque Jesús dentro de ella es pequeño.

No se ahoga por falta de aire fresco, sino por asfixia de Jesús. Una Comunidad es fuerte, cuando Jesús dentro de ella es fuerte. Una comunidad pesa cuando Jesús, dentro de ella, tiene su peso. Una comunidad marcha unida, cuando Jesús está en medio, cuando estamos unidos en Jesús. Una comunidad se extiende, cuando extiende a Jesús. Una comunidad vive cuando vive de Jesús.

Una comunidad convence y llena cuando es la comunidad de Jesús.

Estamos a UNA SEMANA PARA CELEBRAR LA KERMES, y estamos NECESITANDO MAS AYUDA DE LA COMUNIDAD. En qué?

1. Quienes recibieron boletos de la Rifa, deben entregar el dinero en la oficina parroquial o el Domingo en la Mesa de la Rifa. Gracias
por su valiosa ayuda.

2. Ayudar con su Tiempo, Talento y Tesoros, ayudar en alguno de los puestos, son pocos los que se comprometen, aprox. 7% y los otros 93%
donde están? somos muchos, porque tenemos tan poca ayuda?

3. Ayudar conseguir donaciones, familiares, amigos,  negocios: Carne molida, tortillas, lechuga, tomate,quesos, aceite…Premios para los juegos y la lotería.

4.
Ayudando en publicidad: tómele una foto al flyer de la Kermes por los dos lados y envíela por Facebook a sus contactos y pídales que la reenvíen e invítelos a nuestra Kermes. Utilicemos estos medios para una buena causa.

5. Ore por la unidad y fraternidad de los servidores de la nuestra Kermes… Recuerde que unidos en Cristo, lograremos hacer grandes cosas para su honor y gloria.

Únete!!! Dios cuenta contigo y conmigo, VEN!
Bendiciones!
Rev. Wilson Cuevas, Pastor

Leave a Reply